What is Java
Java technology is:
- A programming language
- A development environment
- An application environment
- A deployment environment
- It is similar in syntax to C++.
- It is used for developing both applets and applications.
- Provides an easy-to-use language by:
- Avoiding many pitfalls of other languages
- Being object-oriented
- Enabling users to create streamlined and clear code
- Provides an interpreted environment for:
- Improved speed of development
- Code portability
- Enables users to run more than one thread of activity
- Loads classes dynamically; that is, at the time they are actually needed
- Supports changing programs dynamically during runtime by loading classes from disparate sources
- Furnishes better security
The following features fulﬁll these objectives:
The Java Virtual Machine
- The Java Virtual Machine (JVM)
- The Java Runtime Environment (JRE)
The JVM performs three main tasks:
- It is implemented as software or hardware
- It provides hardware platform specifications
- It reads compiled byte codes that are platform-independent
- It is implemented in a Java technology development tool or a Web browser
- Loads code
- Verifies code
- Executes code
is developed by Sun Microsystems in
evolved from the C++ programing language.
invented by James Gosling, Arthur van and
originally called Oak .
changes to java as the name was registered
by the others
was created for electronics
(TV, VCR, Freeze, Washing Machine, Mobile Phone).
it was found very useful in web programing
company turned it into a language of Internet
user to publish a webpage with Java code in
Object Oriented Programming
Java Follows the concept of Object Oriented Programming.What is object?
- It is an entity in the real world whether living or non-living., having its state and behavior.
- Example:- Student,college,chair,table etc.
Object Oriented Programing
features or Properties of an Object.
- It is a property of an object showing its essential details and
hiding the non-essential details of the entity it represent.
- It remove complexity of the program.
- Promotes Simplicity.
Abstraction and encapsulation are the two side of a coin.
- It binds or wraps the properties of the entity it represent into a single unit.
- Promotes Security and Integrity.
- Aquire all or some properties of an object into another object.
- With Modification or as it is.
- It represent a Parent-child relationship.
- Promotes Reusability with guarantee.
- Is the ability of an object to have one name many/multiple form.
- Promoted dynamism in the program.